Eric Clapton Clapton

What a great sounding album this has turned out to be !
I have seen that some folks do not like this album, as it is not enough rock (Cream) for them. Sorry, Eric is also not 23 anymore. However, there is some good music here.
Give it a try.
crankshaft
I don't know if it's an urban legend but I understand that Duane and Eric only played live together once as Derick and the Dominoes.

It sure would be cool if anyone knew how to get a hold of a soundboard copy of this show.

For the record, my favorite Clapton recording is "Derick and the Dominoes Live at the Filmore".
Chaz--yes Layla is my desert island album. I Agree it's completely inspired and passionate and agonizing Amd revelatory and hallucinatory and sad and happy and sloppy and tight and everything Clapton is not as of late. This is the album I listened to before and after my divorce. I listened to it nearly a year ago when my older brother passed. I know ever song intimately ( in my own way at least). Like all great art it endures and speaks to our collective human experience. We are on the same page brother! My post was quickly thrown up, that's all.
Use to live in Georgia and we loved Alex Cooley's Electric Ballroom to see big name bands in those intimate surroundings. A far cry from the mega arena scene. Kudos to the Greek Theater in LA, another area I lived in (Los Feliz) with that wonderful venue by Griffith Park.

I heard a different story about how Eric watched Duane playing as another spectator in the audience. I also heard they riffed together a bunch of times before the Layla recordings. Atlanta rock scene cooked circa late 60's/early seventies. A Chastain Park concert, a couple cold brews and a pie from The Mellow Mushroom after the show. Good times.
Peaches Records Buckhead, The Fox Theater, The Warehouse in Athens, etc. etc. Not the Doors at The Troubadour on Sunset, but just as cool in it's own way.

Betcha Duane liked his bowl of Brunswick stew and his grits.

I like this site:

http://www.duaneallman.info/macon.htm
haven't heard the new album. i like clapton, especially first album, self titled, and think some of his work is good up to and including unplugged.

but i think alot of his work is spotty, not a fan of things like 461 or other of his own projects and not even everything on layla. i think he's best when he collaborates with others, sits in and does covers.

best