Song covers that are better than the originals

I was listening to Billy Idol's cover of LA Woman, and I thought to myself that his version is way better than the original. So I thought I'd post a few covers that I enjoy more than the originals and see what others can add. My top five in no particular order:

LA Woman - Billy Idol
Just a Gigolo - David Lee Roth
Feelin Alright - Joe Cocker
Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles
MacArthur Park - Donna Summer
slanski62
R.E.M.'s covers of "Wichita Lineman" and "Galveston". Sadly, the latter is only available on YouTube as a snippet. While I prefer John Hartford's rendition of "Gentle on My Mind", R.E.M.'s version is much better than Glen Campbell's. Michael Stipe is a big fan of Jimmy Webb and John Hartford and R.E.M. has covered Webb in concert; I wish more of those were available on CD/vinyl.
The Doors' cover of Kurt Weill's "Alabama Song".
Gary Jules' version of "Mad World".
Hendrix "All Along The Watchtower" by a mile. Even Dylan changed his way of performing it after Jimi.
Jeff Buckley doing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," is another winner.
Golden Palominos covering The Ocean by Led Zeppelin. Don't think they ever recorded it, but they performed it as the encore at the Paradise in Boston on 3/7/86. Syd Straw on lead vocals, with Jack Bruce and Bernie Worrell in the band. Awesome show, awesome cover.

David