Song covers that are better than the originals

I was listening to Billy Idol's cover of LA Woman, and I thought to myself that his version is way better than the original. So I thought I'd post a few covers that I enjoy more than the originals and see what others can add. My top five in no particular order:

LA Woman - Billy Idol
Just a Gigolo - David Lee Roth
Feelin Alright - Joe Cocker
Roll Over Beethoven - The Beatles
MacArthur Park - Donna Summer
slanski62
Faces doing "Memphis, Tennessee"

Slade again: Joplin's "Move Over", gets me every time; and "Let The Good Times Roll" - the latter is not quite legit because it is a combo song, but if this doesn't get you bouncing around the room then something's badly wrong with you or your system, :-)

(gee, do I detect a theme here ...?)

Frank
The you know what they say about opinions adage may apply... (IMO in some cases covers can be good or interesting, but there's no such thing as better). Anyway The Shadows cover of Sleepwalk is real good... same with The Who/ Young Man Blues, Mountain's/ Theme For An Imaginary Western and Steve Khan's/ Penetration. I recently picked up a disc by The Asphalt Orchestra cuz it was cheap and had a cover of Zomby Woof and a Mingus composition on it. Turns out they are an amazingly good marching band... big surprise for me was a Bjork cover, (Hyper Ballad). Don't know what the original is like, but the Asphalt Orch. version is likely to make most FZ fans stand up and pledge allegiance to the Grand Wazoo or at least almost drive off the road like I did.

PS The Ayers Rock cover of Weather Report's Boogie Woogie Waltz, (i know it's a dumb song title) smokes and has groovier'n hell guitar work on it.
I just found a new one:

Grant Green covering The Isley Bros. "It's Your Thing". This is a great take on a classic - definitely worth checking out.

Marty