Bach: Six Suites Unaccompanied For Cello

Hi I was wondering of the 3 Cello soloist, which would you recommened getting, and maybe some explanation on how these recording differ.

1- Janos Starker on Mercury
2- Daniil Shafran on Eterna/ Melw Russian copies
3- Pierre Fournier on Archive, which one to get?

all very expensive
thanks
macallan25
Byron

I wasn't sure about the "less precise" meaning so I didn't agree with you although I suspected that was what you were implying!!! I wanted to also make the point that the Rostropovich performance was good enough to be preferred over the sonically far superior Starker LP.
Daniil Shafran performing "Bach Suites for Solo Cello" on Yedang Classics. This is truly some of the best solo cello playing I've ever heard and the recording quality is top notch. It is "raw", "intense", and the "presence" is unbelieveable! Try to find it on this label and you will not regret it.
Not on your list, but I'd recommend checking out Zuill Bailey's recent release. It is fantastic!!!
Hello Macallan25

Here is a link to my recommendation above for the Daniil Shafran. It truly is a spectacular performance and excellent recording quality as well. At the price, it is well worth you trying.

http://www.amazon.com/Bach-Suite-Cello-Nos-2-5-Shafran/dp/B0002DRFVM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1293314019&sr=8-1-catcorr

I hope that this will be helpful.
Never stop buying Cello Suites, try the following top rated copies:

Jean-Guihen Queyras
Truls Mørk
Anne Gastinel
Zuill Bailey
Torleif Thedéen
Steven Isserlis
Wen-Sinn Yang(DVD)