drive by truckers

I know this band has been around for a while but I just discovered them and really like there sound. Anyone else like them?
kedoades
I used to see them in the early-mid 90's at a O'Neileigh's, a one-trailer bar in Macon GA. They were like Appalachian punk, with banjos and mandolins. Years later, I heard they'd achieved wider acclaim, so I saw them at Austin City Limits. Good for what it was, but nothing as I expected. They had transformed into sort of a crowd-pleaser southern rock band, and abandoned the hardcore-bluegrass that made them interesting to me in the beginning.
they also backed and produced up bette lavette on her comeback cd a year or so ago. potato hole was with booker t
"Decoration Day" my fav, esp. the Stones tribute "Marry Me."

If you like DBT, you might check out Slobberbone, out of Denton, Texas, esp. "Everything You Thought Was Right Was Wrong Today."

Also in the conversation is Two Cow Garage, out of Columbus; start with "Wall Against Our Backs."

Both are bands of van warriors making rural-flavored, gritty rock in the vein of DBT. I probably prefer them both to DBT.

John