True Analog LPs versus Digital Recordings

Greetings Audiogon Music Lovers,
Is there any good way of knowing when an LP is released if it has actually been recorded in analog versus if it is just a digital recording slapped on vinyl? I keep buying music of current artists and not finding that same sound of the analog recordings of the past.

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback.

Cheers,
Love It Loud
loveitloud
According to Wiki, it started in the 70s. Denon had a digital 8 track reel to reel in 1972, so who knows if anyone used one of those. A record company in Minnesota did digital vinyl in 1978. Wiki link.[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_recording]
You have to use a very, very powerful magnifying glass to look at the grooves. If you see 1s and 0s, then its digital.
At the very beginning of CD they converted everything to digital often with unstable clock. Jitter introduced that way cannot be removed, makes recording sounding harsh (typical for early CDs) and the only way to fix it is to digitize again if analog masters still exist.
Mapman , makes an excellent point as usual . Put another way , Its the results that matter to music lovers not the technology . When I study or try to understand a given audio technology I often come away with more questions than answers . I guess thats the down fall of having a pump handle for a brain .