Best CD I've heard so far 2011.........

Sarah Jarosz/Song Up In Her Head
Like a breath of fresh air, just great!
128x128rja
Looks as if the word "Halo" is popular in album titles this year and to continue that theme I'll mention "Smoke Ring Halo" by The Wood Brothers. Great album, similar to their earlier "Ways Not to Lose," with the same great writing but a little more complex instrumentation.
And....

Hiss Golden Messenger (M.C.Taylor) "Bad Debt"...Fantastic folksy americana. Beautify written and played with heart.
JDoris - The Jennys at the Mauch Opera House is wonderful. It's a great live recording that'll make you want to see them live if you have not already. I agree with you that Firecracker is not as strong as 40 Days, but I still like it. I haven't heard the new one yet.

Richard_stacy - ALWAYS great to hear your recommendations as you know we are virtually on the same page 90% of the time where this genre is concerned. Funny you mention Almanac as I downloaded it from their site in FLAC last night. I'll give it a listen today at work on. Anyone who strikes of Gillian Welch would be a must-hear in my book. She's another great one to see in concert with David Rawlings (was not as fond of his solo effort). Also disappointed with Frazey Ford's first solo album, Obidiah. As a huge fan of The Be Good Tanyas (and for anyone who has not heard them, run don't walk to pick up their three CD's, especially anyone who like Po' Girl). Frazey has a new solo album I have not heard yet that I'm curious enough to buy as I do love her voice and her writing. I just wish the Tanyas would come out with a new one, but I fear they are no longer as there are no tour dates listed and the site has not been updated in a while. Another good one I'm really warming up to is Cowboy Junkies, Demons (songs by Vic Chestnut). And how could I forget another great recent release by someone I can't get enough of: William Fitsimmons, Gold in the Shadow. If you were disappointed by Iron and Wine's latest, then try Fitzsimmons (any of his albums, really).