Amy Winehouse.RIP

Passed away today in London.
Such a talent with sadly many demons.
RIP
128x128gawdbless
one thing i think folks don't appreciate about addicts, which i do (i've walked that way a while) is that the same flame that lights creativity burns on alcohol & drugs...its just an all consuming flame that some have, and they burn themselves out. sad. but by the same token, the consuming flame gives rise to fleeting, beautiful brilliance. just look at the 27 crowd who died too soon. amazing artists. they just start burning themselves out, and first the creativity is burnt out, leaving only the alcohol / drugs to be burnt, and then the body is burnt out.

is it worth it, to possess such creative brilliance with such a tragic existence, dead at 27? i wont venture a guess, beyond the following:

1) a little less on the secret sauce would've been overcome with more hard work in the studio

2) Glory is part of Christianity 2.0, you know, the version where you don't really read the words of Christ before articulating that you alone know what He wants, and all others follow or be damned and condemned by His servants on earth (again, not reading that bible about 'judge not, less ye be judged').

Lord, save me from your followers while i walk this planet.

RIP Amy.
There would be far fewer tragedies like this if the media, and the music and film executives enforced a drug policy like most every other business does. Instead, the greedy SOB’s look the other way promoting individuals with obvious addictions portraying the addiction as a sign of glamour and genius. I have a policy of not supporting artists that are known addicts.
"Beware of practising your piety before others in order to be seen by them; for then you have no reward from your Father in heaven."

"So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward."

Seems as though there might be distinguished precedent for the thought that audio boards are not an appropriate place for public displays of religiosity. I wonder if others share my impressions.

Respectfully,

John
Her music express more sensitivity and humanity than many of the above comments.

It is sad news, but not completely unexpected. At one point bookies were taking bets on who would self destruct first -- Winehouse, Lohan or Spears. It is not enough to just watch someone burn out, the smartest guys in the room are going to figure out how to make a dollar. Just put some bleachers out in the sun...
Christ and his doctrine is not a religion. No one comes to the Father but by/through Him.

Crucify Him for He has made Himself out to be the Son of God.

No music in the trash heap. No instruments to be played there.

The stereotype thoughts on who I am are funny. Oh the expressions of the corrupted seed. The same old same old reaction to the message of the Redeemer. Nothing new under the sun.