The Evolution of Modern Jazz

Shadorne's thread "Outstanding Examples of Musicianship" inspired me to begin this thread. While Shadorne stated that all genre's were welcome, I felt that me and another jazz aficionado were beginning to dominate that thread. Shadorne is a "Rocker", bless his heart. This community functions best when like minded people engage in common dialogue.

The title explains this thread. We will use "youtube" the same as in Shardone's thread to illustrate our examples, and now I begin.

In the beginning, there was Charlie "Bird" Parker, and he said "Let there Be Bop" and thus it began. While walking down the street, Bird ran into John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie, who had similar ideas, so they "Bopped" down the street together; Bird on alto sax and Diz on trumpet. My first illustration of this new music is "Bloomdido" with Bird and Diz. We should cover "Be Bop" in depth before we go to the next phase of this evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MCGweQ8Oso&NR=1
orpheus10
Inna I got it to work, my bad. Such a striking photograph, it certainly fits the music. Although Hossam Ramzy is new to me, I've always liked belly dance music, and the dancers too; hope you can add more.
World music

This album is one of my favorites of the last few years. I've (literally) played it weekly. I have four of their albums on LP, some very hard to find now.

The accompanying music video is stunning, at least to my senses as a photographer.

Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre)
To me "world Jazz" does not get much better than Rabih Abou-Khalil (Jazz / Middle Eastern). I particularly like his first album Al-Jadida, but thenagain, I am very favorably predisposed to middle eastern rhytms and melodies. On that note, there is one album by the brilliant Oud player Anuoar Brahem that I would classify as "Jazz" (Khomsa).

Albertporter, I like every detail in that video, including the shoes. That music is destined for my collection. Normally I don't like accordion, but that guy blows me away.