HDtrack not necessarily better?

Im curious if anyone else has had this experience with HD tracks. The Eagles album "Hotel California" is an album I've loved since I first heard it in the late 70s playing on a Myer Emco floor system and heard countless times since on multiple systems. It's not a sonic spectacular but the midrange vocals, guitar just take me back to times past. I tend to use it as first pass to judge midrange harmonic integrity.
Recently I purchased the hi rez 192khz PC version and settled in with high hopes of hearing improvement and details that a CD rip didn't provide. What I got was top and bottom octave improvement but in the midrange the album became polite vs harmonically satisfying. My guess so far is that the DVD source (per downloaded artwork) used was a different mix from CD and that somone focused on a multichannel experience failing to do justice to a 2 channel listener recording. I've had this experience before with audio DVD.... would really not like to spend money on indifferently mixed 2 channel sound.

Thoughts? has anyone else experienced same? any good review reference points so that one can be sure the high rez download version doesn't disappoint?
128x128davide256
I have to disagree. A friend of mine downloaded the hi-rez version of Hotel California and I was blown away. It's so much more natural sounding that I can't even listen to my cd anymore. And I have the dcc gold version disc.
How are you playing it back? Are you sure you are really getting full resolution?
I'm with Dookiedan on this one. I thought "Hotel California" was one of their better quality releases.

With God as my witness, I don't want to appear rude....but...

what is the difference between "polite vs harmonically satisfying"?

Maybe the artist were in a "polite" mood when they recorded this back in '79.