Having an ear for Jazz

Anyone else start to like Jazz mid way through life , and start to move away from Rock and other noisy sounding music ?
tmsorosk
Its taken me 63 years to appreciate the music of Miles Davis and John Coltraine and Buconero your right we cannot forget to add Chet Baker to the list. I love Analogue Productions for their superb 45 RPM records. Wonderful thread.
Nope! Loved it since high school (early 70's) and still do, along with rock and blues. Although since I've added opera, folk, and classical lite (piano, cello, quartets, etc.)
Yes, absolutely. I never listened to Jazz until my 40's and now listen to it all the time. I started with Bill Evans and Stan Getz and then moved onto all the Blue Note stars from the 50's and 60's mostly. I can't get enough of it now. I was also a teenager in the 70's and listened only to Rock. Not anymore. I recently started to get into the Blues and like it a lot but really have only started to scratch the surface.
A friend/colleague who's a long time jazz fan converted me when I was in my forties.