40th Anniversary Aqualung is KILLER

The 40th anniversary collectors edition, which includes a 180 gram LP and the new remixed album a bunch of extra tracks and everything in 24/96 HiRes on DVD and Bluray., plus the Quad mixes and 5.1... sound quality is amazing even the Redbook is very very impressive and it's the best version of Aqualung I've ever heard even bettering the superb DCC version.. Kudo's to Ian Anderson and Steve Wilson for the remix.. next up is Thick as a Brick...
erikminer
The info I've been able to find online is a bit hazy about the DVD. It says the DVD has both stereo and 5.1 mixes -- so I assumed that means it must be a dvd-A (no video). Can anyone who has the set tells us about the DVD and blu-ray, and how they compare to the cds?
Yes, Steven Wilson involvement is a very good omen! That's one dude who really cares about the music he is involved with making.

I stumbled across his new and highly praised Grace For Drowning CD at the library the other day and my eyes lit up. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.
i just order the double cd agualung.and the Steve Wilson,Grace for drowning.
i want to thank you guys for turning me on to Porcupine Tree
Al
The DVD has both CD's, Aqualung and Disc 2 (Additional recordings 1970 & 1971, great stuff BTW) in 24/96 it also has the Quad mix (4.1) in I beleive 24/96 and the 5.1 mix in 24/48 I used DVD Audio Extractor to rip the 24/96 stuff to my NAS for play back on my PS Audio PWD/Bridge

I believe the Bluray disc has the same stuff..but also in DTS Master at 24/96
And the LP looks nice but I have no way to play it.. oh and the book is really nice :-)