Blues, Jazz, Rock Violinists?

Hey folks - over the years I have really enjoyed Sugar Cane Harris. Can anyone recommend other "non-classical" violinists? (but not really interested in "country fiddle", either). Am familiar with Jean Luc Ponty, Papa John Creach. Violin as in "It's a Beautiful Day", Dan Hicks, UK would work too. Looking forward to your suggestions.
128x128ghosthouse
Dixie Dregs aka the Dregs. The first four albums are the best with "Dregs of the Earth' being my favorite. "California Screamin" is a live disc that has a good version of "Peaches in Regalia" if you like Zappa type violin arrangements. The violin player, Allen Sloan, left the band and became an anethesiologist. They still get together periodically, but their excellent keyboard player T Lavitz passed away last year.Sloan was replaced by Mark O'Connor who has several great cd's out with "heroes" and "Thirty Year Retrospective" as personal favorites. o'Connor's work with Chris Thile is excellent. Jerry Goodman from Mahavishnu Orchestra has also played with the Dregs. The above recommendations are very fine as well. I particularly like Papa John with Hot Tuna and Jefferson Starship/Airplane. Jobson's contributions to Roxy Music's "Country Life" are fantastic. Check out the solo in "Out of the Blue."
Jerry Goodman, played with John McLaughlin.
Chris Church, plays with Jesse Cook.