Blues, Jazz, Rock Violinists?

Hey folks - over the years I have really enjoyed Sugar Cane Harris. Can anyone recommend other "non-classical" violinists? (but not really interested in "country fiddle", either). Am familiar with Jean Luc Ponty, Papa John Creach. Violin as in "It's a Beautiful Day", Dan Hicks, UK would work too. Looking forward to your suggestions.
128x128ghosthouse
I was going to mention Staphane Grappelli but I see he has been mentioned.

I just wanted to mention it is nice to see music posts because that is what it is all about.

thanks everyone
Not sure about forum etiquette...my apologies if reapeatedly saying "Thanks to all" is getting a little tedious. Philojet - agree with you and hope others benefit from the input on this thread. Orpheus - read with interest your multi-part "jazz tutorial". Personally, I'll take Bang's Castenada connection as a bit of a caution. Onhwy61 - I know little about Duke but he is an iconic figure. I will definitely check out your recommendation. And maybe that will serve as an intro to broader exploration of his work. Duane - thanks for the You Tube ideas. I like running my netbook through a DAC and watching the video while listening to the music.
Here are two good representative examples of Jean-Luc Ponty live. The creativity of his writing, playing, and arranging are special as usual. For me there is no one better playing violin:

"No Absolute Time"

"Mirage"