Fine trumpet , alto sax recordings?

I have some new speakers, and I am looking for good recordings of trumpet and alto sax. I picked up Chris Botti's To Love Again . I do love the purity and tonality of his playing. I also bought a ,close your ears, Kenny G album. Lol...
So I looking for more smoothe jazz styles for now. I do enjoy more straight ahead Jazz, but want to try a couple of albums with a more relaxed feel.
Are Botti and Kenny a good place to start?
Sacd's are welcome too.
Is trumpet,alto sax, and symbols , the best instruments to test the highs of my Raal tweeter?
Thanks,
Todd
toddnkaya
A good place to start and finish - Miles Davis Kind of Blue.

For piano and magnificent haunting sax - Stan Getz and Kenny Barron People Time.

Sonny Rollins Road Shows #2.
****So I looking for more smoothe jazz styles for now.****

Dave Sanborn: "Another Hand". He created the "smooth jazz" alto sound. One of his most interesting recordings.

Michael Franks: "Barefoot On The Beach". Typical relaxed, catchy Franks tunes featuring just about every leading "smooth jazz" saxophone player on the scene. Brecker, Sanborn, Mann, Snitzer...

**** I do enjoy more straight ahead Jazz, but want to try a couple of albums with a more relaxed feel.****

Cannonball Adderly "With Strings". Fantastic.
Paul Desmond "My Funny Valentine". Smoothest alto sound, ever.
Clifford Brown "With Strings". Incredibly beautiful trumpet ballad playing.
Miles Davis "Plays For Lovers". Great compilation from the master.

****Are Botti and Kenny a good place to start?****

Well, if you want music with some meat-on-the-bones, any of the above has far more than anything ever done by either Botti or Kenny.

****Is trumpet,alto sax, and symbols , the best instruments to test the highs of my Raal tweeter?****

ANY instrument is good to test highs of a tweeter. You just have to know what a real instrument sounds like. Go hear a live trumpet, sax, or drum kit somewhere in order to establish a meaningful reference (live show, college band/orchestra).

Enjoy!
Thanks Yashu. It looks like I will be picking up a couple of Stan Getz cd's. I will also look into Sonny Rollins.
I bought Kind of Blue about 6 years ago and have listened to it many times, but not on the new system. I need to revisit this masterpiece for sure.
Thank you Frogman for your detailed response. Much appreciated!
I own a bunch of Sandborn cd's, and there are a few tracks that I use as a reference cd.
I will look into your suggestions. I think I will start with the Paul Desmond and Clifford Brown cds.
I am very lucky to have seen a ton of live shows since 1980.(hundreds)
Just for a reference I have saw about 75 Grateful Dead/Jerry Garcia Band shows. I even got too see Jerry and David Grisman on Broadway. John Lee Hooker, Albert Collins and the Icebreakers, to Ricky lee Jones and Joan Armatrading,Toots Thielemans and Chuck Mangione.etc... (Symphonies and Operas too) So I think I have a very good reference for live music. Of course I continue to see live music as much as possible.
I'm going to Damien Jurado tomorrow evening. (an awesome singer song-writer)
"Finger Painting" features beautiful trumpet playing by Nicholas Payton.Beautiful music and excellent natural recording. Also has Mark Whitfield(guitar) and Christian McBride(acoustic bass).