Music to Impress my Kid's Friends?

Lately, my college aged children have been bringing friends over to here my system and I would love to buy a few great sounding cds that are currently popular. I obviously have lots of quality music to play but it might have more impact on the kids if they were more familiar with the music. I bought the Adele cd thinking that might do the trick but was I wrong. I'd even invest in some current vinyl if I knew they would were outstanding from a recording standpoint. Thanks
grandpoobah
OT (sorry).

So, after reading Richard's (typically interesting) post here, I asked myself one important question:

What exactly is "Chiptune" ?

A quick visit to Wikipedia and voila!, a chiptune sample track. Now, this is good stuff: Old Atari video game sounds stitched into music. Alas, I have no unusually well-recorded chiptune selections to recommend to the OP. OTOH, I feel just thismuch better informed on the musical issues of the day than I did 5 minutes ago.

Marty

Marty
Nice to see Marty taking some time away from his nightly game of Frogger to share with us fella's :)
We are not big rap fans here but my kids like:

Damien Jurado "Maraqopa"

Jack White "Blunderbuss"

Frank Ocean "Channel Orange"

Winterpills "All My Lovely Goners"

Real Estate "Days"

Atlas Sound "Parallax"

Cults

Yuck

Heartless Bastards "Broken Arrow"
How 'bout spinning something by a little quartet from Liverpool -- The Beatles, I think they were called. I'd bet the kids would know tons of the songs -- but never would have heard 'em sounding so good.