Original prices for LP albums

What did popular LP albums (Dylan, Zeppelin, etc.) cost full retail in 1984 in USA ?
In 1988 ? In 1991 ? in 1995 ? (Some stores still sold them in 1995). Talking about NEW only - with NO CUT OUTS or hole punches. Anyone who remembers, thanks for info.
choppi
Going back to 1971 or so, EJ Korvettes (Brooklyn) sold albums as follows:

Category D for $2.99, Category E for $3.49, and Category F for $3.99, when on sale. Different labels went on sale each week. Non-sale prices were roughly 50 cents more.

What comprised each category? To a 14 year old, who knew? Release year had something to do with it. Hard Day's Night cost me $2.99 and Tarkus cost me $3.49. Four Way Street was a double album and cost 2 times E.

Fast forward to 1984, J&R Music (Manhattan) sold most albums between $6.99 and $8.99.

After that I started buying CDs, which started out costing 50% to 100% more than albums.

Rich

Rich
Rich didn't mention that you had to comparison shop Sam Goody's with Korvettes (Paramus, NJ, in my case) because Goody's might be 20 cents cheaper (or 20 cents more expensive) on any given record at any given time, depending on which labels were on sale at which store that week.

Marty
EJ Korvettes, wow, that brings back memories! I was once told that the name stood for "Eleven Jewish Korean Veterans", any truth to that?

-RW-
I bought Electric Ladyland- a double LP at my high school bookstore in 1982. I think I paid $12-. Most single LP's were $6.9 or so. Some of the pressings were rather sketchy around that time. I remember buying King Crimson on the EG label and it had a "pop" in it brand new. Zeppelin "In thru the out door was $8.99.