New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
Some 2012 releases I'm diggin':

Frankie Rose - Interstellar. Ex-Dum Dum Girls hits a home run. Great indie-pop-rock.

Animal Collective - Centipede HZ. Not as immediate as Merriweather Post Pavilion but still mighty fine and deep.

the XX - Coexist. More of the same but that's a good thing.

Santigold - Master Of My Make-Believe. Not nearly as good as her debut but still pretty decent.

Corin Tucker Band - Kill My Blues. The one from Sleater-Kinney who is NOT in WILD FLAG. Much improved over her first solo record from a few years a go.

Robert Rich - Nest. Ambient masterpiece.

Liars - WIXIW. Lots of electronics added to their usual sound.

Swans - The Seer. Bombastic beauty that is the Swans.

Tame Impala - Lonerism. Been wating for this. Psychedelic rock fans can do much worse than this and their first album.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!. Crescendo-core ala Mogwai meets Stars Of The Lid.

Alcest - Les voyages de l'âme. Black-metallers turned shoegaze.

Eclipse - Bleed & Scream. Total dirt-rock and throwback to 1987.
Glen Hansard!!!! Rhythm and Repose may be the best folk album I have heard in years!! If you like male folk singers , this album will amaze you.
"Lowe Country," a Country/Folk tribute to Nick Lowe, if it hasn't been mentuoned (or if it has been mentioned).

John
Just picked up the new Dave Matthews album "AWay from the world". His best yet IMO. Very introspective, beautiful melodies. Literally heard it once on my way to work and am hooked already. My favorite 2012 album to date.