Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
Agree with you mostly, although honestly I haven't heard a lot of new music. FWIW, compression can "mess up" even good to great music. There are plenty of examples, including Bruce Springsteen's "Magic."
Frogman, you are killing me. Especially since I must admit that you are absolutely correct. But did you have to say it? :)
There's a lot of good new music out there. The way you listen has much to do with whether or not you will find it worthwhile. If you simply listen once, maybe not even all the way through and declare it bad, well.
I'm sure we can all recall a few albums that took some work to find out how good they were. That hasn't changed. Sometimes it takes work but it's worth it in the long run.
You are sucking lemons. I see and hear dozens of bands everyday that are the equal of the bands you mention.
The difference is that the labels have gone away, and with that, recording studios have gone away as well. Bands do not have access to six figure recording budgets any more, and if they do record, usually self-finance it. In fact, the only real money they make is through live touring. So get out of your #$%@^& rig cave and go to a show. I went and saw three this week: Mumford and Sons, the XX and Watsky. All brilliant. Sorry you are missing out. Oh wait, I am not sorry. Just tired of my generation taking this position, over and over.
Remember ROCK&ROLL sucks and is evil. So I would assume all music after also sucks and is evil. I an dating my age yet again. If anyone wants they can send me ALL the offending music. I will safe guard it for you.