one last show

Let's just say...

You're offered one ticket (you attend alone) to one last concert before you move on to your next life. You can choose anyone - current, past, dead or alive. There will be no time to share or discuss the experience afterward - so the satisfaction will not be in "bragging rights" only real time enjoyment of the performance.

Who will it be for you?
martykl
One last time for The Moody Blues (that would be my 7th).

Or maybe Johnny Cash.
OR even better yet, The Moody Blues with special guest star Johnny Cash!

He could help close with "Question" and do a duet with Justin Hayward. That would be awesome!
I asked the question because a recent thread here linked a clip to one of my favorite shows ever. It got me thinking about where I personally ranked that show and would I choose to see it again if I could only have one more chance to see a concert.

The posts to date suggest that there are two ways to approach this question:

It looks like the first instinct for most (me included) is "the big one that got away" (missed them when you had a chance, or they were "before your time"). That's The Beatles or Woodstock, etc. The variant on that is Rite of Spring, Beethoven, Coltrane or The Duke.

The other logic is to revisit the best show you ever saw. That would be Mapman's "Moody Blues, one last time", et al.

On the first list for me, Woodstock and Duke Ellington are probably my finalists and I'd probably go with Duke, because I've already seen a bunch of my most favored Woodstock headliners and Duke would be more satisfying in that "one that got away" regard (tho Jimi would tug at me hard).

On my second list, the finalists are probably Genesis 1971, Kid Creole 1982, and Fleetwood Mac 1980. I'd probably choose Kid Creole there.

In the end, my very bizarre choice is probably Kid Creole 1982. That was the clip linked above that hatched the question for me, in the first place. The good news is that, since I'm dead when the show is over, I don't have to explain myself.

Marty
Nice observation Martykl. My show ( (Talking Heads) was one that got away. I thought they would tour but because they had to increase the size of the band due to the complexity of the music, they only did a few shows. They were very big shows (70,000 +) with Brian Eno and one of my favorite musicians of all time, Mr Adrian Belew.