Bands where U say

I've yet to see a thread like this so here goes: what bands come to mind where you think what might have been? Perhaps they disbanded too soon, or a member or members died, leaving unrealized potential. I often wonder what would have come of the pretenders had honeyman-scott and farndon not bought the farm. I could list others, but would rather hear from you.
nicotico
Great responses. Lynyrd Skynyrd is another one I ponder. Don't know if they would have progressed or ended up washed up and playing county fairs, but a lot of drive and talent died in that plane crash.
4 non blondes Linda Parry was great in that group. Pity they broke up so fast.
her later solo stuff was good. but not like while in 4 non blondes
I don't know if the bands that Jimi Hendrix played in mattered as bands, but how can a list like this omit the pure artistic genius Jimi was. God only knows what he would have created if he hadn't died so very young. It depresses me just writing this.
most of the dead-at-27 gang were just scratching the surface--hendrix (in particular), duane allman, cobain, janis, pete ham (sad story, major talent), chris bell, amy winehouse? (maybe).