Bands where U say

I've yet to see a thread like this so here goes: what bands come to mind where you think what might have been? Perhaps they disbanded too soon, or a member or members died, leaving unrealized potential. I often wonder what would have come of the pretenders had honeyman-scott and farndon not bought the farm. I could list others, but would rather hear from you.
nicotico
Big Star. Had Chris Bell not died in that car wreck who knows what a huge monster of a power pop band it would have turned into.There music would have definitely been much different than the Chilton based direction.
Morphine. Definitely. For me, there's never been anything more simultaneously filthy and wonderful. Sorely missed.

Another for me would be Neutral Milk Hotel. A friend argues (not unconvincingly) that they remain the best band of the 90s. Maybe....but definitely decades ahead of their time.

And I wish Chris Whitley was still with us and making music, although his daughter has very thankfully taken up the cause.
+1 on The Beatles,what they might have been if Paul had lived.
"if Paul had lived" ?????

Guess I have thought about the short lived super group, Traveling Wilburys. Only one album with Roy Orbison, and one album after he died.
Frank Zappa, a seriously talented musician who left the world much too soon. One can only imagine where Frank would have taken us had he lived.