What was you most expensive accidental damage?

I have read many claims by members that they accidently damaged their multi-thousand dollar cartridge styli by improper handling. I have blown out a few low power handling speakers with high powered amps. Several members claim that their cats have clawed the speaker cones to shreds. Have you experianced any 1) blown amplifier output transistors by accidently shorting the speaker wires. 2) Extra loud turn on thumps blowing out speakers 3)Putting the wrong tube in tube socket destroying the tube 4) leaving tube equipment so longthat the capacitors melt. 5)Electrical fires from AC shorts?
mint604
I had the veneer on my speakers crack due to a leak in the roof. To reveneer the speakers it will cost the same as replacing them. I am still working on the insurance settlement. They are eager to take your money but to get anything back is like squeezing 1000 watts out of an inexpensive SET amp.
This is going to seem trivial, but I once (accidentally, on purpose) busted up a late 70s vintage Panasonic clock radio.

The Eagles had just lost a game to the Redskins on a field goal in the closing seconds of a game, and I just kept bashing the thing like crazy with my hand. Didn't figure the flourescent display was made of glass or that a metal housing surrounded it, but let's just say my hand was bleeding pretty good and the clock wasn't of much use by the time I got it all out of my system.

That was the best darned clock radio I ever owned. After approximately 20 years, it was still going strong. So far, "Made in China" does not compare with "Made in Japan". But, I've been lucky with my high end gear.

And, no, I don't have those anger issues any longer. At least, I think I don't...
I have yet experienced such a loss, but I have had a guest/friend put their tall beverage on top of my Theta Dreadnaught. I popped out of my seat so fast, it looked like I sat on a needle!
My son accidentally played "dominos" with my Magnepan 3.5s. You know the game where one domino falls into the next domino knocking it down, etc. etc.
I was working and my wife was so afraid to tell me, she waited for me to get home then made me sit down before giving me the bad news(I thought she was pregnant again).
He was small and it was an accident but I didn't speak to my wife for about a week (it was her turn to watch him). Even my son knew he had done something wrong. Magnepan did a marvelous job of rebuilding them, basically giving me 2 brand new speakers, and only charging me for the cost of the parts.
The good thing is that both my son AND my wife keep their distance now.