BEST AUDIOGON POSTS

What are the must-read audiogon posts? I like "best female vocals"
jjwa
In my view, you are one of the best contributors to this forum, but please please please try not to never use Steve McQueen and Ralph Lipschitz in the same sentence.

OH MY GOD! What have I done?!?! Please accept my apologies, I must have been in a drunken, sleep-deprived stupor when I wrote that sentence. Wait, that's not a good excuse...I've got it: Seattle is in it's 28th consecutive day of rainfall. 7 more and it's an all-time record. You can see why a person from these parts might not be thinking straight right about now. Now it's gonna' take months to get the image of Ralph on a motorcycle trying to keep up with the cloud of dust on the horizon that is Steve McQueen and Malcolm Smith, out of my wee brain. I hope you're happy you've made your point! Oh the agony!

Marco
Marco

I have no problem with rich people collecting cars, provided their interest is sincere.

I have the sense that Jay Leno genuinely loves cars, drives his motorbikes and probably even works on them.

But its the type of person who asks if they can have an automatic transmission for exotic supercar, not because the F-1 technology has gotten any better, but because they only driving they plan to do is lugging it around town to show it off to their neighbors.

It would be as if collecting audio gear was a status symbol, and then someone filled a warehouse with perfect, like new examples of Goldmund reference turntables, giant tube monoblocks, Infinity IRS V, maybe the Wilson WAMMS, Krell class A monoblocks, the Jadis CD player etc etc, but then gave you a blank stare when you asked them what kind of music they liked.

Apology accepted and thanks. But really there is no need to apologize, because you will be haunted by the image of Mr Lauren which should be punishment enough.
The best post to me will forever be the guy who began a thread, in which he asked a question.

He later submitted a post, answering it, gave out an approximation of where he lived, said he lived in the same area (imagine that) in the same post, and asked himself out for a drink.

PRICELESS!!!
Yeah jj, best beer thread is one to be 'concern' about it. Tell that 300+ members that contributed to it. Get a life!
The best and most meaningful post was the : "About Lugnut Patrick Malone post. If any of you haven't read it you should. It may change the way you see things. Lugnut R.I.P.