WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd
Hi
Here's my two cents, I'm working in Alaska,out of town.
I have been into hifi for 10 years now,much to the mockery of my wife, at times...
" OH, looking at stereo stuff again on EBay"
Well, today she called me, and commented on the stereo, this never happens in the positive mind you.
BUT!, this time she said to me, she took a CD out of her car and put a CD in the home stereo and was floored with the sound
"I heard things I never heard in these recordings before!"
" I must say it sounds wonderful"
Well do you know what gear prompted this comment from a woman who could give a @#*! about sound gear?
Accuphase....
I love Accuphase equipment.
Cheers,Mcgarick from Seattle.
Timrhu. You obviously don't know my wife.
I am starting to get a feeling that I married CIA agent.
I also suspect that a GPS chip was implanted in my @#&.
Lately I started doing my laundry at work. At least proof of transactions are destroyed if I forget to check my pockets. So if you see one of my stuff on auction or for sale - don't ask me for receipt. One thing I learn really good is how to laundry money.
Cheers
I had a girlfriend. I bought a new preamp, and some cables for my system, which she didn't seem to approve of. Then when I sold my speakers, she said "you're probably just going to buy more audio equipment now!", with disdain. Of course if I didn't get new speakers, it wouldn't be a stereo. You can't just listen to components! So, the $12,000 ring I was making payments on went back, and now I don't have a girlfriend. But the good news is, with the money I got back, I got a massage chair and a new amplifier!! Whew, that was close.
Audiobroke, I can see from your system pics that you have big balls my friend. Congrats on a lesson well learned, before it was too late.
If your wife's first name starts with C, you may be a very lucky guy because she is currently shopping for some serious hi-end gear for you and you do not know it. You also do not know how much she is about to fork out to buy some of my gear not listed here but hey, it is HER money (kind of. Lucky you!