WAF - Wife Acceptance Factor

Much has been written in these threads about the dreaded WAF, or wife acceptance factor. It usually entails making a compromise, or not getting that perfect speaker, or amp, or ... Well you get the picture.

But tell the truth guys. Haven't there been times when wifey actually helped?

In my case, I casually mentioned to my wife that the picture quality of my front projector would be much improved if I could better cotrol the light in the den. So what did she do?

She put up nice thick curtains. It not only blocks the light and makes the den like a cave, it also improves the diffuse surround sound field with the absorptive material. What a gal!

Would love to hear your stories. :o)
kinsekd
So bigger is better for WAF, in some cases or is she compensating for a small TV?
Due to an accident a few years ago my wife lost total hearing in her left ear. I had a chance to obtain some Vandersteens locally at a very reasonable price...but she also wanted to update the washer/dryer. We could only do one or the other...she actually talked me into the speakers even though I know she cannot fully enjoy them.

I wonder how the hint of a new amp will go over since we still have not bought the appliances!! :)
I am the boss in my home can get ANYTHING STEREO at any time!!Its good to be the king!!
How about HCF? Husband Consideration Factor? Seems to me that where there is high WAF there is typically an attendant high HCF.