3 head cassette decks

Any sleeper decks that rival nak without the high cost?
128x128phasecorrect
Believe it or not Sanyo made a serious deck back in the day, the 5370. You can buy them dirt cheap, IF you can find one. I still use it to make tapes for my car, it's a great sounding machine.

http://www.vintagecassette.com/Sanyo/RD5370
Revox hands down...AND there are some peeps here that not only sell them but can fix them also. ckinpa sold me a revox b-215 4 years ago and its been fantastic. I have had NAKS and others, but the b215 is the most neutral I have ever heard. Cheers.

Spiro
I gave up tapes long ago. Mistake. Back then, after several decks, an Aiwa AD-F770 won my heart. Aiwa is not a name associated with high-end; maybe they made a big push into the then-burgeoning cassette tape market. A friend was very high-end and had the Nak Dragon, and we compared. We recorded the same LPs (on his Goldmund Studio TT) through Audio Research pre + power, into Soundlab electrostatics. Good gear. The Nak sounded better — but the Aiwa was more accurate. Using the Aiwa’s monitor switch to compare source to just-recorded-tape, in real time, we could not tell the difference: tape and source sounded identical. It was remarkable. Doing the same on the Nak, the tape sounded better than the source. We scratched our heads — this was impossible — and we concluded the Nak was ’improving’ on the source (enhancing it), sounding a bit ’richer’. We both quite enjoyed it, but if accuracy is an important criteria, and sounding identical to the source is a true achievement, then we had to admit the F770 was better ('nicer' sound notwithstanding).
[A drawback to the Aiwa emerged years later — the transport was so complicated, belts and other rubber bits were almost impossible to replace. I don’t know the Dragon fared in this department.]