Top 10 Jazz recordings ever

I am looking for excellent jazz recordings, I am sure you guys know what to suggest, mostly vocals.
128x128junglern
I have been listening to Horace Silver for a hundred years. It was a nice video, but nothing I have not seen or heard before. I just don't know how one determines that a certain Jazz player is 'The Best.' With all the different styles and differnt eras and different types of Jazz, how do you do that? Take Miles for instance: Is he 'better' than Buddy Bolden, Harry 'sweets' Edison, Louis Armstrong, Lee Morgan, or Roy Eldridge? I could name many more. The point is, they were / are all GREAT. If you have a formula for doing this, let the rest of us in on it. And this is my last comment. I swore not to fight this year. " *&&^^%^$#@ " That means 'I surrender.' :)

In regard to the Horace Silver video, you just proved your inability to appreciate something special and Oscar Pettiford is still the "best bassist ever" as far as I am concerned.
I'm late to the game but I didn't notice any mention of:
Gerry Mulligan
Chet Baker
Monk
I did see a vote for Oscar Peterson
Bill Evans
I could go on and on but I think the OP asked for 5
I did not see any mentions of Ornette Coleman, Joe Henderson, Paul Motian, Anita O'Day, Benny Goodman, Charlie Haden - no one likes them here ?
JAnyway for those who want to listen, there are a few recommendations:

JOE HENDERSON : STATE OF THE TENOR LIVE IN THE VILLAGE VANGUARD VOL 1&2 (ridiculously indescribable work)

COUNT BASIE ON PABLO RECORDS produced by Norman Granz, especially BASIE JAM, BASIE JAM #2, 88 BASIE STREET, KANSAS CITY 7, all SATCH AND JOSH piano duets with Oscar Peterson (this is not controversial - do not miss this)
Anyway, for thosen who want to listen
JAN GARBAREK w/TERJE RYPDAHL : ESOTERIC CIRCLE (1969, before George Russell lost Jan to NewAge conflict-free "musical" mystics).

JOHN McLAUGHLIN : EXTRAPOLATION (this was mentioned just once in the 12 years, amazingly, the amazing symbiosis of John Mc.. and John Surman makes it a sleeper of the century).