How Long Ago Since You Cried Listening To Music?

For me is was last weekend, The group "Sugarland" singing "Stay".
paul_graham
This summer when hearing k.d. lang sing Hallelujah live at Wolftrap. The crowd gave her a six minute standing ovation.
Cummon you Testosterone-driven, Macho WWF-lovin', emotionless cage fighters! You gotta have a soft spot SOMEWHERE in your heart? No one song, ever? Have you never thought a song was sung, or performed so awesome that it touches your soul? No harm done having a good cry once in a while even if it seems to signal the presence of "GIRLIE-MAN" syndrome.

The only time I don't feel any emotion is when I am at a Death Metal concert, in the mosh-pit, watch groups like Slipknot and Slayer incite a friggin riot with songs like "Reign in Blood", or "Mandatory Suicide"...then I feel a compulsion to beat the shit out of some random stranger just for the fun of it. No emotion there!
(Just kidding! I'm being a smartass and pulling your chain), If music doesn't sometimes make you cry, that's ok too. Just feel free to beat hell out of your wife and go an a 3 state killing spree.
Crying no, but once I shit myself when I forgot that my amp's volume was at 12 and I started playing Machine Head.
It was so loud and so sudden. Oh boy..
Whenever I listen to the beginning of Nathan Milstein playing the Chaconne from Bach's Violin Partita #2. For me, this piece captures a life's experience, and it is the beginning, Birth, that brings tears to my eyes.

As for live performances, about two years ago, I heard Angela Hewitt play Book 1 of Bach's The Well-Tempered Clavier, and her playing also brought tears to my eyes.

I cannot explain why Bach, that most logical of composers, affects me so.

Jim Crane