What are the best interconnects.

Looking for the best bang for your buck cables. Currently using audio quest King Cobra. Tried AQ Sky and they sounded real good but too pricey.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Dave
greywolf00
Brad, I can't find a website for RS Audio or the ones I found don't seem to be correct.
Look to the companies that sell direct and offer a 30 (or 60) day money back return policy. Signal Cable, Morrow Audio, MAC (My Audio Cables), and a few others that escape me right now. I've tried Signal Cable and really like them. I prefer them to IC's I've tried from Audio Art, Tara Labs, Kimber, and Straight Wire.

That being said, my personal trend lately is to build my own cables. I just finished one that's designed like the Kimber KCTG that cost me less than $25 to make. I definitely suggest giving Signal Cable a try; I haven't been able find a way to piece together a reasonable facsimile of their cable for less than they sell them without buying enough supplies to make over 100 cables.
Greywolf00
I tried there web page but it looks like it's down. Must be fairly recent since I remember being on it recently.
I have included some info below, Richard may still be available? I wanted to make a correction in that the palladium's I have are made by RScable and MAC (My Audio Cable) not by Signal. There are some reviews on the net and also some info here on AG forums. MAC has the palladiums on sale right now, you may ask for a few loaner pairs. Also I think that the Cable Company has a loaner program. They may have some Cardas cable you can sample; since you were interested in the Cardas.
I have been through a few sets of different speaker cables, and I am now using Crystal Clear.I cant speak for there interconnects, but the speaker cables were a huge improvement. There is a seller (lilobit) here on Audiogon that sells the Crystal Clear, you may ask here for a couple of trial sets. lilobit sells them for much less then what you will find on the Crystal Clear web site.
Please understand, I am not claiming that any of these are the best, it's just what I have used and were happy with.
Please take this as positively as you can, but I was never really happy with the King Cobra's, Just my opinion now, but I think any of the cables that are addressed in the forum here will beat them pants down, especially the Cardas. I have never read a review stating a cardas was a so so cable. I once heard a breath taking system that used all Golden reference models, but how much those cables contributed to the system, who know's. Good luck. Sorry about steering you to a company that has what looks like gone out of business. Also alot of people seem to like the Clear Day speaker cables, you may check to see if or what they have for interconnects.
RS Audio Cables
37 North Passaic Avenue, Suite No.1
Chatham, NJ 07928
Phone: (201) 615-4426

E-mail: sales@rscables.com

Greywolf00

I have early mastercraft bi-wired with spades. Also have a Crystal Clear Mastercraft PC (bought from lilobit).
On Occasion I get a little noise from my turn table source.
This didnt happen untill I started using the MAC Palladium interconnects (I think probably because they are not shielded, just twisted). I may just need to move some cables around, I'm not sure, I havn't really looked into it since it only occures from time to time and very minimal. The other source equipment I have are dead quite using the RS and MAC palladiums, with volume up and no music playing. If I find that it is due to unshielded IC's
I will probably be looking at Crystal Clear Master Series.
I am really sold on silver or palladium, but you will find alot of opposition to using all around palladium. What can I say, I plug them in and sonics are improved considerably and continue to get better for the first ???? hours. I havn't experienced any of the trebel harshness that some do, and to top it off I have Townsend Super Tweeter's.
Bare in mind that the Pre, amp's (monoblocks) CD player are tubes all PrimaLuna so I have played with some tube rolling which has tamed the sonics to my liking.
Best of luck with your selection
Brad