Best Jazz pianist

Who's the best Jazz pianist, or your favourite.
tmsorosk
Emperor Joseph II said "too many notes," not Salieri. And I'd certainly argue that Mozart's "too many notes" deflates Elizabeth's argument. Anyway, Art Tatum and Buddy Powell for me.
I second bud Powell. I also really enjoy Marcus Roberts and Cyrus chestnut. One surprise - Harry connick jr can really play. Try some of his albums where he doesn't sing.
Ah, Art Tatum. Yeah I get where you're coming from Elizabeth and sometimes the arpeggio runs do go a bit over the top but that's Art. On the other hand his harmonic improvisation and the absolute effortless and ease of his playing is really astounding. I particularly enjoy his solo works where he can showcase his special talent. I really love some of his early stuff, the stride style of James Johnson and Fats Waller that has long gone out of style, he really took this up a notch or two. Oscar Peterson of more contemporary pianists is fun to listen to as well in that style. I wouldn't say he is my favorite because I have no one particular favorite, some are so original in their styles that it is too difficult to chose only one but I WOULD say without any reservation that Tatum is technically the best jazz pianist I've ever listened to.