Have you heard or own the Shakti Hallograph

I don't see much on the AudiogoN Forums about the Shakti Hallograph's. This is the BEST, a Five Star world class room treatment device...."it works" is an understatement.
It addresses,.. no "solves" the wall behind the speakers reflections and comb filtering distortion and cancellation.
A Wonderfull piece of Acoustic Engineering.
Simply Excellent and most Highly Recommended.
Jim C.
Audiophile/ Musician( Electric and Acoustic Guitars and Oboe ).

128x128jimc555
i have a pair and used them until my room did not need them anymore. They absolutely have a strong impact on the soundstage and i think they were worth the investment. like so many things on this forum, people offer strong opinions with no experience with the product.
It really is jealousy. i am jealous some folks can throw away a few grand on crazy sruff.
I mean I throw away money on crazy stuff...but it usually is only in the hundreds.
I am CERTAIN if i was a multimillionaire i would not think twice about blowing a wad on some crazy gizmo which catches my eye. Even if just for something to talk about with my fellows. I wear my designer cloths, drive my luxury car, wear my $200,000 watch.. drop all the rightt names.. all the important rich stuff.
So i apologize in my own smarmy sleazy way to all crazy rich folks out there who own these gizmos.

The usual sort of crap apologetics includes the insult someone could have fed starving children with that wasted cash.. Not me. Forget starving brats. Spend it on booze I say.
Thank you very much.
Quotes are Shakti's.

""Our stand, which is 4 feet in length, is also asymmetrical and does produce some audible improvement in bass clarity. Again, the goal is to push the room's enormously distorting effects further into the background with a far more neutral ambient soundfield. The reflector material in the Hallograph consists of several types of wood that all have different resonant signatures. All the wood lengths are staggered on the three reflectors. Each reflector has a flat surface that gently curves into a round-over section. These interlaced but geometrically different surfaces have a striking effect. The Hallograph's own direct return energy (from the flat portion of the reflector) and its ambient signals (from the curved reflector area) impact the sonic envelope one hears. This ratio of direct to ambient surface tuning, just as is the case in a concert hall, restores a more natural hall acoustic. So, the inherent differences from recording to recording are no longer stamped with the listener's room signature. Instead, the various original venues are heard far more realistically. Behind each reflector is a chamber that modifies the frequency response, amplitude and most importantly, the time signature of the reflector. This creates a complimentary interface between the speaker and the room."

What do you mean when you talk about the time coefficient?
"This is also known as the time signature; how long a given material goes on ringing once it is activated by sound waves striking it. In the chambers behind each reflector, we 'treat' the time signature so it has a much shorter ring than the material a room's walls are made of. This treatment also affects the frequency response, which has a direct correlation with the time signature character. Amplitude is manipulated by the choice of wood, diffusion geometry of the design and additional treatment that will be explained in the patent."

Additional treatment? Hmmmmmm......

See the entire 6 moons review of the Hallographs at:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/shakti/hallograph.html
Elizabeth, Shakti Hallographs are only $1395/pair all day long over on Amazon. Maybe you should reconsider. Lol

http://www.amazon.com/Shakti-Innovations-Hallograph-Soundfield-Optimizer/dp/B0030H2O6I

Geoff Kait
Machina Dynamica
We make artificial atoms right
I own a pair. Of course I don't consider myself a "sucker, idiot, or rich ", since I only paid $500 for mine---had I paid full retail, I guess I would have metamorphed into one.

Before I bought them, or were even interested in them, I had a chance to hear a system with them installed. The system owner become intimately familiar with what the adjustments would do within his system. He demonstrated what the changes would do. I heard considerable differences for the better . To date he has one of the finest sounding systems i have heard. He eventually became a writer for Stereophile. His current system has all the tweaks people bemoan, for good or bad, his system far beyond any system I have heard. His system is the basis for where I try to get my current system to.

I found my pair off Audiogon for $500. If anyone is in the Bay Area, I'd be willing to demo them for you to see if you can see what a difference they can make.