What do audiophiles listen in their cars?

I know this is not a car audio sight, but it would help me out a lot if I could get input as to what the discriminating audiophiles listen to in their cars.

If you can give me a detailed list of the system, I would really appreciate it - I am starting an affordable Hifi shop that includes car audio.

Thanks a mill. in advance...
gonglee3
The real challenge with after-market car audio today is that it isn't all that easy to improve on the audio equipment included with the vehicle -- which is often integrated with other systems in the car and has frequently had its frequency response and imaging "tuned" to the vehicle's interior -- and this is especially true with upscale vehicles. Add to this the fact that the quality of after-market installs varies so widely (I once had an iPod interface added to a Toyota Avalon -- it worked, sort of, for awhile) and you probably find a lot of audiophiles reluctant to take the plunge.

I wish you well with your new store -- I think we are in dire need of good, reliable places to audition and purchase affordable hifi equipment. But I'm not sure how much demand there is among audiophiles for after-market audio equipment, except possibly adapters for mobile music players in cars that don't have them. Perhaps others can offer more insight.
I get great use and enjoy very much my car stereo. It's an upgraded Rockford fosgate system in a Nissan Titan. It's one of the better sounding car systems I've heard. I was thinking about getting a new truck a couple years ago and the sounnd of the toyota tundra system wasn't nearly as good so I passed on the purchase.
' the sounnd of the toyota tundra system wasn't nearly as good so I passed on the purchase.'

Good to see I am not alone.
I am car shopping now and I have noticed the 6cd changer is getting harder to find this model year(2013). That has already changed my shopping list. I think the Avalon still has a 4cd changer. I guess the 'old' tech goes in the cars for 'old' folks!!
I love the new cars, but am hesitant to buy one due to the lack of CD changers. And as has been stated, after market is not much of an option these days. Guess I will have to accept my fate and join the the 'senior' set. Great deals on 2012 Avalons :)
I subscibe to the school of "road noise makes serious audio impossible." That doesn't mean I don't use the audio in my car also a 99 Volvo (didn't know it had a Nakamichi sound system not sure this one does). I listen to the CD player and FM radio. I think you are wise to include car audio it prolly has more general demand than serious home audio. I would think if no car stereo than you would have to have Home Theater, an already very saturated established market in most places. Good luck on your new venture we need as many brick and mortars as we can get.
My 2012 I will not be changing. It is too difficult.
I hardly care about it in the car anyway. Half the time I just have any noise making devices turned off while driving.
I enjoy driving when driving. When i want to 'listen to music' i do so at home.