What do audiophiles listen in their cars?

I know this is not a car audio sight, but it would help me out a lot if I could get input as to what the discriminating audiophiles listen to in their cars.

If you can give me a detailed list of the system, I would really appreciate it - I am starting an affordable Hifi shop that includes car audio.

Thanks a mill. in advance...
gonglee3
Bought a 2011 Accord with the intent of installing a custom system.
Favored the Pioneer stage6 CD player DES-99 or P-9, pricey but really great. Add to that DLS speakers and Amps. Their Ultimate TA2 2x100 is a Tube Amp. Coupled that with an A2 2 channel and a yet unchosen 10" Sub/amp.

But before I figured out how I could come up with $3k needed for the system, I first did battle with the God aweful road noise in the accord, and lost. So I scrapped the idea of a high end system in a honda.
( switched to Bridgestone "serenity" tires, then even tore out the seats and carpet and lined all in dynamat, still noisy) Will never buy another honda for noise ALONE.

My 98 Ford Explorer has a very nice stock sound system and a cabin built for it, and is quiet. If it wasn't so old and beat I would consider a high end system in it.
BMW 330i Coupe. Superb audio system. Radio has HD capability. Use aux/USB input for iPod or iPhone. Sounds grand. Only problems are BMW has a custom cable with dual USB and aux inputs which must be used simultaneously, and I have not found an upgraded cable to improve sound. Also, run flat tires create a lot of road noise.

Neal
I could care less about car audio. I mostly listen to sports radio on the daily drive which doesn't require a fancy system. The radio in my 95 BMW died and I replaced it with a Kenwood from Crtuchfield for 160.00. This thing has features that are unbelieveable for the price and it sounds better than the original radio. I did the install myself.

I think a lot of people are into their car audio because of domestic restrictions from wife, kids, neighbors, etc. In their car, they can let loose and blast music that is not possible to do at home. Thankfully, I don't face that barrier.