Cassette Tapes..Dolby B or C?

I still have a tape deck in my system, and have a few tapes that are nice for quiet background music. The tape deck has a switch to select Dolby B or Dolby C (or none). There seems to be no marking on prerecorded tapes to indicate the type of Dolby processing. On a tape I was just playing B sounds about right. Should I assume that all prerecorded tapes are B unless otherwise stated?
eldartford
I've looked at the Nakamichi Dragon's listed for sale as if they were puppies in a pet store window, until I've been brought back to earth by reading of the service/reliability issues with this particular cassette deck. But, they sure look nice!
Tvad

It rounds the CDs and softens the high frequency fatigue?

And throws in the tiniest amount of tape hiss - enough to get sentimetal about analogue?
Tvad,

In my opinion the best ones were CR7A and 1000, the Dragon was a top deck but tempermental.
It rounds the CDs and softens the high frequency fatigue?

And throws in the tiniest amount of tape hiss - enough to get sentimetal about analogue?

I can't tell if this is a serious question, or one written tongue in check, but I'll answer honestly.

In my opinion, analog cassette recordings do round out the CD sound and slightly soften the high frequency fatigue. I like the results.

With my Yamaha deck, and using Dolby C encoding and TDK SA tape, there was VERY little tape hiss. In fact, I'd say nothing more than one can hear on almost any above average quality CD made from original analog source tape.
In the generation of master tapes DBX processing beat out Dolby. The DBX processors available to amateurs at a reasonable price were less sophisticated, and comparable to Dolby. I used one for a while. In the world of master tapes it was also noticed that running a recording made by other means through an analog tape recorder made it sound better. About 30 years ago I could give you the reason, but those gray cells are gone.