Something missing?

I am enjoying my system immensely. But something I notice is when the material playing as cymbals crashing I don't get the life-like impression that I would like to have. One thing that comes to mind to explain this impression of something lacking is it is something the mbl's would display. Where do I look for the fault.
I am suspecting cables need to be revisited. The second place I would suspect is preamp.
But then it could be anything the cartridge phonostage maybe the arms tweeks need to removed?
Any suggestions?
pedrillo
If I were you I would look at your cables, particularly interconnects, powercords, speaker. In that order. This is where I have found the biggest improvement in the area you are talking about.
Speakers are the last link in the chain, they're not going to improve anything that is bad further up the chain!
Garbage in garbage out!
I thought so too that the cables need to be revisited.
The only well-known cable I have in my chain is the tonearm phono cable, it's cardas gr. The others were purchased here and are: Above all audio, Auricle audio design, anti-cables, signal cable. There are others, but can't recall them all.
What interconnects are good? I think my system is a bit laid back too. I use JPS Superconduct FX3 ICs and Superconductor+ Petite (12feet!) for the speakers.