Cleaning AC plugs, receptacles and other contacts

I just remodeled my audio room which included stripping old wallpaper, sanding, painting, Wainscoting, etc., -- you know, the usual MESS!

While I have the room empty, I want to clean the inside of my AC outlet contact points, my AC cord plugs etc.

What have you found to be the best cleaner for this application? I plan to use Caig Pro Gold after I clean them. I thought I remembered a publication recommending some sort sanding or slightly abrasive sheet on AC plugs prior to applying any Caig type treatment but I cannot recall the name. Do any of you use such a thing?

Any opinions on now you clean the electrical contacts (and/or treat them afterwards) or insides of the AC or IEC receptacles or your RCA connections and the products you prefer will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank
fmpnd
In that case, the best thing would probalby be to blow them out. If you can get a compressor, hook a blow gun up to it and blast the dust out. I would be hesitant to use any abrasive / polish on the inside contacts, because it will leave its own residue that will be even more difficult to remove. Putting any liquid in there will remove some of the dust, but whatever it leaves behind will probably be stuck more tenaciously than before. I have used an airgun to blow the dust off of a car for autobody work, and it is amazing how much it can remove. If no compressor, maybe a can of clean compressed air?
yep. Blow 'em out or suck 'em out.

thereafter, if you want to do it, using some felt covered flat swizel sticks and DeOxit should prove out well. It's tedious work though as you have to keep putting on new cloth over the sticks... pushing them in and out to clean off the oxidation. use just enough to soak the cloth. Let it rest for 15 min. Then slip in & out the new clean dry cloth coverd sticks until they come out without residue on them.

Then... maybe... simpley ProGold or Walker SST the NEMA ends of the power cables. Not the innner contacts of the outlets. Let dry, and plug 'em in.

you'd think someone would have made a NEMA male end cleaner thingy, so you could just plug that into the outlet and withdraw it a few times and that would clean the insides of the outlet by now.

hey... I've got a good idea for a new product! lol. Anyone want to loan me the start up money? Last one to the patent office loses.
Sand paper, very fine grit would work best. Then clean them with alcohol spray and let dry, not wiping. Chemical contact enhancers do far more to regrade the contact, then providing any real benefit.
After you have cleaned the ac plugs.. be sure to put some teflon tape on at the base of the plug's prongs for even better sound!... Here's photos of this tweak... http://www.audioasylum/audio/tweaks/messages/16/165450.html
Fmpnd,
A bit off topic but how do you like your Fim outlets?
I've got one here but haven't installed it yet.