Balanced connection XLR microphone cables ?

I purchased a pair of balanced cables, used for microphones at live concerts, from a Music shop (pin 2 hot). They were very reasonably priced. Before I plug them in and risk damaging my new/old Krell KRC-HR and or McCormack DNA 2 LAE I thought I would seek advice from the "A-gon Team"... Will they work?
finomnl
This afternoon,I plugged in the cables and played a few cds. I know there is an increase in pre-amp gain just by switching to balanced cabling but I did notice an improvement in the mid-range and treble clarity. The bass seemed to have more definition also. The best "double sawbuck" I ever spent on my stereo! I don't think I'll miss the deoxygenated, cryogenically frozen, neutrino treated, liquid metal, pure missle grade copper cables I almost bought. Disclaimer....... all in good fun... a good sense of humour keeps me sane. Mark
I use Mogami, also a Guitar Center purchase, between my CA840c and my integrated.
No problems. No complaints. I'll match them with any like cable at up to 5x the price.
If you are handy with a soldering gun. You can buy shielded microphone cable and Neutrik XLR male & female connectors and make your own. It is tedious and fidgety, but you can get the exact length you need (no piles of unsightly cable lying around) and you can save a ton of money.
Much DIY lore here. Many reputable folk will sell you bulk cable and Neutrik connectors can be found at everything from Boutique outlets to Madisound.