Speaker spikes on concrete or wood floor best?

Would it be better to spike speakers thru carpet onto a wood floor or a concrete floor?
husk01
I don't like spikes for my speakers either. Takes away some of the musical experience and enjoyment.
Spikes typically couple to the object which they are resting on...So what's your feedback on decoupling through the use of footers like Stillpoints or Track Audio?
i agree with hornguys, i have never been a fan of spikes on speakers, manufactuer's or after markets like still points. The only plus side is maybe better imaging but at the expense of realistic bass and tonality.
After lots of experimentation, I ended up decoupling both of my speaker systems. Vibrapods for the monitors and cork rubber laminates on bamboo boards for my floorstanders. Preserves the nuance, microdynamics, and energy.

Always wanted to try the rollerball type.
I did extensive listening tests with my B&W 803ds with respect to spikes, footers, and plinths. I started with the stock 803ds flat on the carpet without stock spikes. I them went to stock spikes through the carpet (although they never really got a solid connection to the floor). I then went to speakers (no spikes) flat on a 3 1/2" thick x 18" diameter solid maple plinth, flat on the carpet. Then I tried 2" Eden sound footers directly on carpet. Then I tried 2" Eden sound footers on the plinth, plinth flat on carpet. Then finaly 2" Eden Sound footers on plinth, with 3" Eden sound deep carpet footers from the plinth to the carpet.

The last configuration sounded the best by a large margin. I expected an improvement in bass definition, but was delighted to find a improvement throughout the audio spectrum. Vocals were especially nice, and the edginess and brittleness I used to have in some recordings was gone. Imaging also improved. Bass impact improved to the point where I have now plugged the vent ports on the 803ds to improve detailing of bass transients.

As an added bonus, the standing stability of these 803ds was also improved. They are much more stable and a lot less "tippy". On their stock spikes, the slightest nudge could send them arcing toward the ground. Now they are rock solid.