Shunyata Power Conditioner advice

I have noticed that a number of well respected reviewers have Shunyata Power Conditioners in their reference systems. The reviews are quite glowing. In some cases the reviewers list two seperate conditioners within their systems; I assume one for amplification and one for source components. In Robert Harley's case, for example, he lists both the Hydra V-Ray v2 and the Hydra 8 v2. My question is this, "would you use the higher quality V-Ray for source or amplification?" My assumption is that you would use it for source?
tmhouse0313
I use a Hydra 2 on a dedicated line for the amp, and a Hydra 8 on another dedicated line for everything else.

I've tried running with just one and always found that this configuration works best in my system.
Why not get an Audience Adept Response and plug everything into it including amps?It is non current limiting and will do your whole system.
Just a correction and note. Yes, Audience conditioners are non-current limiting,This means that they don't actively alter or impede continuous or instantaneous current. Shunyata Research and several others products are no different in this way. However, _any_ added AC junction does passively resist instantaneous current to some degree. Some amps are more sensitive to this than others.

Some types of amps are particularly sensitive to any added AC contact resistance because they draw so hard off the AC line. Adding any in-line connections will add some resistance to AC delivery in the same way that applying AC adaptors to a power cord would.

In some systems, the benefit of lower noise from a passive filter-device outweighs the slight losses incurred by the added resistance in front of amps. for others, not. Its not that passive conditioners do anything to slow current, but the fact that you have added connections in front of high-draw amps can have some effect.

Taking advantage of more than one dedicated AC line when they are available is important to the performance of two-channel audio. Those with a second dedicated line have essentially double the available current for an electronics system. This is best put to use by isolating the high-current electronics on one AC line and low-current on a second line.

Some make the mistake of buying a multi-outlet power distributor thinking because its passive, that they can remove amps from their own dedicated line and plug them into the same shared line with all the other electronics. The results are predictably negative because they have just halved the total amount of available current and co-mingled high and low current electronics together on a single AC line vs two.

I hope this helps,

Grant
Shunyata Research