what brand of tubes to buy?

Have a parasound hca1200 amp,a friend has put a darad 2007 special edition SL2000a tube pre in my hands to play with. It came with 2 sets of tubes (china 12at7) which sound great on hard rock( base pressures that make my eyes pulsate at just above normal listening levels LOL) and a set os sylvanias that are beautiful for acoustic jazz and the like.I can see why people roll tubes but short of buying every brand and experimenting(and spending stupid money)how do I make choices on brands and what differences should I expect? Obviously new to tubes,but blown away by the improvement over ss pres.any advice would be greatly appreated!
stanman
Got some siemens from b.jessie and wow,just increadable.saving for telefunkin "what the hell" gone this far might as well go all the way! Thanks for all the insight
Congratulations Stanman, you’re a quick study. I’ve been into tube amps much longer than tube rolling. Now, I regard it as essential; something that you realized in week one. Brent Jessie is a terrific supplier. Andy at Vintage tube Services is another.
Ya I wish I could do the same with speakers!stuck with 3 set of MAIN speakers! I now have to "roll" speakers too!!! LOL just can't deside which is best. Truth is they all are best, just different.