Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
I can double blind all day long in my system [which of course I am completely familiar with] and EVERY SINGLE TIME get it right as to which is the stock power cable and which is the aftermarket. You can mix it up as often as you want, anyway you want to...you can even lie and SAY "I just swapped them" and when I listen again I can tell you that you really didn't. ANY ORDER, any combination, anytime I will get it right 10 out of 10 times...Do you need to see me do it 100 out of 100???? NO problem, I GUARANTEE I will get it right every time because I have done exactly that. In fact, I have had "Guest listeners", both experienced as well as novices who will also easily tell. The aftermarket power cable industry did not develop because enough dealers shamed thousands of dedicated audiophiles like myself into buying something I couldn't justify as a legitimate audible improvement.... I am way too confident of what my ears tell me for me to spend my limited money [which I work VERY hard for] just to impress someone that I can supposedly hear a difference or impress them with how thick my flavor-of-the-month aftermarket power cable is. I DO hear significant improvements...my guests to my room hear significant improvements and just because there are people out there who refuse to believe that it's POSSIBLE to hear improvements does not mean it isn't true. It IS true. If you don't want to believe it because you're convinced, without ever trying it out yourself, that it couldn't be true...then you have every right to your opinion but please stop preaching that you "KNOW" something couldn't be true without first trying it.
The expression "Ignorance is Bliss" is a common human state, and nothing to be ashamed of in most cases (I'll admit to the label in certain areas too...as in I can't really tell a $20 bottle of wine from a $200 bottle even though my brother in law can). But to PREACH about something being an absolute truth without ever fully investigating it yourself ("There couldn't possibly be an improvement in a bottle of wine which is discernible and justifiable for such lavish additional expense")turns a "privately uninformed" person into a public fool..... Not a good place to go. As for laws of physics, there is no scientist worth his degree who will argue that all the understanding of how we hear things is completely understood...this includes our entire hobby as well as the power cables that deliver the juice....
So, I'm not here to start another battle on this overly exhausted topic, nor do I wish to stoop to name calling (none intended) but if this is an area of interest to anyone looking to improve their system's sound for not a necessarily lot of money; try a reputable aftermarket P/C and listen for yourself how it adds to your listening enjoyment. OR : Don't... but don't preach if you haven't tried it...
Happy Lissn'n
If anybody remembers the last episode of 4 rooms with Quentin Tarantino, one dude also swore that his ZIPPO would light up 10 out of 10 times, but apparently lost his little pinky...:(
I would highly recommend an aftermarket power cord if the stock ones aren't long enough.
Rwwear. What are your credentials? Do you have all of your notes on experiments, equipment, procedures, methods, results? Also, what do you know about the geometry of the different winding patterns and how they relate to possible filtering of small amounts of line noise? I'd like to put this controversy to rest once and for all.