Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
I have been in audio for approximately 42 years. I've been in the audio business for 30 years give or take. No, I have not taken notes all these years but I have listened and so have at least 5 of my friends and we've all come to my aforementioned conclusion. There are some that believe I must admit. This will always be a controversy no matter what is said.
Rwwear "Controversy" is really not the word here. There is no real controversy. When a scientist can conduct a properly designed experiment such as a controlled blind listening test with only one variable (A stock power cable vs an aftermarket one) using the scientific method (Hypothesis-Materials-Procedure-Results-Conclusion) and the results consistently conclude that a positive/verified difference can be made... then there is no controversy. It is validated FACT.
NO CONTROVERSY
ENOUGH SAID
LET it GO??!
Trying to "Discount" the validity of such is not only 'sour grapes', it is UN-scientific.
"You live by the sword...."
BTW : I have also been in this hobby for over 35 years and for the first 25 I also REFUSED to believe power cables could make a difference.
Until I finally gave in enough to try it myself.
Bingo! A paradigm shift in perspective and I am now defending attacks on aftermarket power cables... Who'd have thought? (Not Me)
Have a nice day.
PS They say "It's not the last 6 feet of the incoming power journey, it's the first 6 feet your electronics get".
Happy Lissn'n
Who are you to tell me what to do Lissnr? If you say you can hear a difference that's fine. I don't have to prove you can't. It's like proving God doesn't exist. No one can.

There's no sour grapes here. You seem to be the one who's getting angry. I and everyone else in the audio business have cables given to them all of the time to try and we usually get to keep them. I have drawers full of them. I can use whatever I choose mostly for free. So why would there be sour grapes?
Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes...it's just a friendly discussion. I think we've all aired our opinions. Let others choose as they may.
Cable nay-sayers feel tremendous need to share their disbelieves posting even on cable forum (posting against cables on cable forum reminds me this deaf guy who answered add for music teacher just to tell them they should not count on him).

Don't be so defensive cable nay-sayers. There is nothing wrong if you cannot hear the difference. Yes, some people can hear better but it should not upset you any more than wearing glasses or being shorter.