Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
Lacee,
I think the problem many have with demagnetizing stuff with no magnetic properties is one of 'How?' or 'Why?' could it possibly have any effect?

If I could get over that hump, I'd certainly give it a try or at least a trial listen.

Does demagnetizing an LP have the same effect if played on a MC as MM cart?
Demagging(how I call it) an lp, cd or dvd, and I would presume DVDA and SACD is a tweak that can be demonstarated quite easily and is repeatable(but not with a previously treated cd).

I've done this numerous times for my friends and they always prefer the demagged version.

I've used two identical cd's,played them both, then demagged one and played them both again.
The demagged cd was always preferred.

What you notice in before and after demagging a cd or any of the other software.

The information is less random or scattered, there is more definition to the music,it's less diffused if you will, more cohesive.

This makes it easier to differentaite the tiny little details that happen in the background, that when not demagged, just sound like background noise.

Now many people(the holdouts from a bygone era) still scoff that a power cord can reap any benefits.
They are all the same they claim,and are made for just one purpose and if not broken all they do is pass the electricity from point A to point B.

But,, in over 25 years of DIY power cords and owning and using 3 Shunyata Annaconda Helix power cords,I can also demonstrate the different sonics of the Shunyatas and any of my other power cords.

I am not stating that the Shunyatas are the best out there.I haven't that kind of experience nor exposure to any other power cords except Continuum, Blue Circle, and Cardas.And numerous hybrids of each in my DIY attempts.

Something that is very easy to do, is to just play around with the receptacles in DIY power cords.

If you can't hear the difference in quality as you change cheap home hardware type receptacles for Hubbels, or Furutechs and then move up to their pricier versions, I doubt that power cords of any kind or price will make a difference to you.

What I have just ordered today are the two Furutech receptacles-Ftech-71030,71031, and 2 mtr of Furutech FP3Ts762 power cord wire-Ftech 71126.

I should have it within a couple of days.

This will be used to power the Hydra 2, in place of a hybrid DIY power cord consisting of Continuum wire, and external 10 guage solid copper(Romex) twisted ground and Wattgate 20 amp and entry level copper furutech receptacle.

I've been waiting for a 20 amp Shunyata Annaconda to come up used but I am too slow on the draw and some folks won't deal outside of the USA.

One otherthing I would like to add,the How and Why doesn't matter to me, something is either an improvement, a step forward or it's not worth considering.
And the only way to know for sure is to try it yourself.

I was an early advocate of IsoClean fuses and now I can state that the HiFi supremes are also well worth considering. If trying to get all of the music that you have paid for really does matter to you, and you are a DIY or modder, to not consider using an upgraded power cord or fuse somehow just doesn't fit the scenario.

By now you should have come to the realisation, that just about everything has a sonic signature, and the game is to find the ones that best suit your needs.
Yes demagging works with MC or MM cartridges, with tube or solid state phono stages, with belt drive or direct drive tables, with unipivot or fixed tonearms, and with everythingelse in the chain.

Of course all you need to do is demag the lp.
All people hear an improvement the second time they listen to a piece of music. And just because someone tells you something sounds better doesn't mean they really believe it. I know a lot of people who agree so others won't think they can't hear.
One thing I don't recommend is demagnetizing a cartridge. This can eventually have an adverse effect on the magnet.
"You can't lump in power cords with ic's and speaker cables. Electrical engineers (like me for what it is worth) will tell you that one is connected to a device designed to accurately amplify or transmit a signal and the other is connected to a filter network designed to gobble up hash on the incoming power line. It is an apples an oranges thing."

So are you saysing that frequency bandwidth, and the LRC characteristics do not impact the performance of powercords the same as speaker cables and interconnects?