Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
Well, lets look Rwwear - original poster asked if different power cable can be used and while he was offered by Elizabeth viable alternative of very good and inexpensive Pangea you had to jump in to express your disbelief, as you always do, even if it did not answer original question.

More, you jump on any possible occasion to make silly jokes instead of answering questions. For instance, when poster asked why longer power cord seems to work better for him you answered:

"I held an 8' and 5' power cord up to my ear and I thought they both sounded the same. I guess I'm not an audiophile."

Very mature!
Just because you do not hear a difference doesn't mean others cannot. That was my point in an earlier post. If YOU do not hear a difference or actually an improvement then don't spend the money. It's that simple. On the other hand, if you want to be cool like us other audiophiles then don't worry about how it sounds as long as it looks good. (That was a tongue in cheek comment). I have made changes that made things worse. I'm not too proud to admit that. Its a learning experience.

Consider that if cables and connectors make no difference in sound then why would amps and turntables sound different?
I guess audiophilia is a serious business and no one is allowed to joke about anything. Well excuse me if you don't like what I have to say don't my posts.