Power Cord for Power Conditioner

I'm trying to figure out if it is absolutely necessary to use a company's power cord with their power conditioners. No brand in particular.Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
128x128commonone69
Excellant reply Grant.

I am glad you stepped out of the shadows.

Some folks rip the guts out of old vintage gear at great expense , and replace old worn parts with newer designer devices, yet they can't wrap their minds around power cords.

If something as small as a resistor or capacitor makes a sonic difference, and some folks prefer one brand over another and can hear the difference,(if they couldn't hear any difference how could they prefer one over the other?). When the very first thing their project sees is the power cord,how can they place so little importance to it?

In fact without the power cord, everything else is in vain.

And for me, it is in vain, if you end up plugging the project into the wall with a stock power cord.
Grant / Samuel: Thank you for the thorough dissertation and helpful clarifications. My ears were never in doubt but maybe now more will try and so hear the improvements for themselves. BTW, I've been meaning to explore your product line. Keep up the good work.
Happy Lissn'n
The hanging curve ball on a line impedance issue explanation is the 40 - 200 foot of romex on the other side of your receptacle.

If I'm losing 50% of peak power power in my 6 foot cord then I'm losing another 500% of peak power in my 60 feet of romex:).

But, if measurement data becomes available that will be a good thing!!