Why do NOS Tubes sound better than new tubes?

Is manufacturing really that backwards in todays techno world? What is the real reason that todays tubes cannot equal the tubes of yesteryear?
tubed1
Mr X- Actually; it depends on semantics. Read the first paragraph of this article: (http://www.svvintageamps.com/tubebias.php) Most often; people refer to, "over biased" as being too hot, rather than the other way around. I simply covered both bases(sorry for the confusion*). Of course; running a tube slightly cooler than it's design parameter, will extend it's service life(as with virtually any other electronic component). Happy listening! *Having reread my earlier post: I did say, "either of those conditions" which was a brain-fart on my part!
Rodman - Thanks I was starting to worry about the slight under bias. I know tubes won't last as long as transistors and want to get the most life out of my tubes. As I've stated overall I prefer NOS (EAT is the only exception and maybe the Shuguang Treasure Z or Psvane). Most of the NOS and A(lmost)NOS I have are very close to EAT Kt88 prices. Thanks again for clarifying the under bias - I'll sleep better tonight LOL.
I need to sleep better AND stop posting at 3:00am! Again: Sorry for the anxious moments.