Rookie; replace my own amplifier caps??

Hi. I am mechanically oriented generally, and I have a knack for fixing things. I am decent with a soldering iron, and I understand the concept of "wicking" away old solder to replace a part. I love DIY projects. I have no, I say again no, training in electronics whatsoever, however. I am told that my 2001 Odyssey Audio Stratus Plus (120,000 uF capacitance) solid-state amp (I love it) likely needs cap replacements. I understand that "preventative" cap replacement is a hotly debated topic within itself; assume for my question the amp needs cap replacement. Is it likely that I could order a bucketload of Blackgate (or higher quality) caps of the correct values from PartsXpress and succesfully complete this project on my own? (Yes, I would unplug the amp) Thanks!
klipschking
Let's stay on course here.

There is no need to replace caps after 10 years.

You gave some very poor, perhaps due to inexperience, advice. I simply pointed this out.

Pemail me if you want assistance with your other problem.

Thank you.
Forming new caps? I think there is something to that.
All my photo flash gear (studio and on-camera) recommend a few low power flashes to 'form' the caps. This is brand new stuff.

Also, on the hi-fi note, my Maggies when right-out-of-box were not right. I don't mean tight drivers or poor extension. I mean that for the 1st 10 to 20 hours...and less as time went on...the image would drastically shift from side-to-side and perhaps shimmer, if that's the right word. It was, in a word, weird.
I can only blame the crossover caps.
Magfan - I'm not sure what power cycling does. It improves something, I'm sure, since they recommended it, but don't really know. Capacitors in Maggies' crossover that affect imaging most likely aren't electrolytic but might settle like everything else amps, cables. It is also possible that speaker film needed some workout. At this point it would be guessing. I should've said that forming of new caps is not needed for voltage rating alone.
I'd say that .....guess?....the voltage rating of caps, the punchthru voltage, is based simply on type and thickness of the dialectric. 'x' # of volts per 'mil' of whatever material?
Replacing caps in an amp is fairly straightforward. The only things you need to watch out for are ...

- as you take it apart, so shall it go back together
- check and double check the sizing of the new caps, boutique caps are somewhat larger then their cheaper bretheren
- make sure the soldering is good, nothing worse than tracing down cold solder joins after the fact
- inventory everything up front to avoid the double punch of a surcharge and shipping for that one part you forgot to order in the first batch