Placement of electronics

I've always placed equipment on side wall about mid way along room length. (Atma MP-1, MA-1, Modified Lenco TT, Wyred 4 sound Dac 2, Maggie 1.7, strategic placement of reflectors, bass tubes, cables are top Analysis Plus and Nordost.). The sound, sound staging etc is what I've always wanted. However, I want to upgrade the interconnects between the pre- and the amps, which are 1 foot behind the speakers. Now, the length of these cables is 20 feet. The interconnects I want to use are far too expensive to run 20 feet.

Finally, the question: If I put all the equipment between the speakers, including the TT, won't I pick up more vibration issues?
128x128thotdoc
You will...what sound effect it'll have is a question. The better interconnects may make you still better off...

I have everything in the middle, but on good racks and my speakers are pulled out somewhat...
Ideal is on the side wall, well out of the killer speaker first reflection spot on either side. Also, consider an acoustic screen in front of the units. You will be surprised with the amount of acoustic energy that speakers produce and when it hits the components, it in itself produces vibrations that may impact the performance. The worst spot is between the speakers, whether they are pulled out or not. Makes nice eye candy but does nothing for the sound of your system. Turntables are a different matter, try to get it out of the room entirely, or keep it acoustically covered. When the speaker energy hits a TT all hell breaks loose. Best way to observe that problem is to get the unit out of the room and listen to the improvement.
I was shocked by the improvement of moving my rack from the middle of my speakers to the back if the room. It was like a whole different sounding system. It's a hard on to A/B that's for sure. I like it better aesthetically so that is the main thing for me but the sound definitely took on a much more tangible dimensionality after the move to a shocking degree. I think it changed other things too so much that it feels like starting over and also who knows what changing from a 1m run to a 7m run from pre to amp does to the sound. There is so much to the acoustic vibrations and damping of it with gear that its enough to make my head spin. Just don't underestimate it that's for sure.