Amplifier Goes into Protect Mode Right Channel

Wanted to hear your tech thoughts on this problem. After spinning vinyl for 1-3 hours, the right channel on my solid state amplifier goes into protect mode. This repeats itself multiple times each session. I have a tube preamp and tube phono stage. Only one source - turntable. I've swapped tubes in the linestage preamp which made no difference; swapped IC cables which made no difference. The linestage tube preamp is new (one month old) but I'm beginning to think it may be a leaking cap causing the trouble. Also looking at the speaker cables as a possibility. Would that matter? Any thoughts? At the point where I'm ready to RMA the preamp for bench test. Thanks in advance.
wescoman
I had something happen similar to this issue one year ago when I bought the Ray Samuels Nighthawk phono preamp. The amplifier would go into protect mode while playing music. Before I checked the phono stage with the multimeter for DC leakage, I sent the amplifier back for evaluation. They could not find anything wrong with the protection circuit or anything else for that matter. When I returned the Nighthawk and went with ClearAudio basic phono stage, the amplifier stopped going into protect mode. So, I'm making a big leap here and assuming there's a connection but I could be completely wrong on this. I did run the multimeter on the preamp right channel output jack - it did register something but it was always intermittent. Does that provide additional helpful information?
Same amp, same channel again???? W two different phono stages and two different line stages??? I'd be thinking its something w the amp that only happens after it warms up, and that when you sent the amp back, the tech did not let it run for a long period of time. I'd try swapping speaker cables, then the various interconnects, and work my backwards to isolate the component. It'll be a long haul if it takes 1-3 hours each time to get it to go into protect mode, but that seems to be the only certain way.
Thanks for the recommendation. You're right, this is going to take an inordinate amount of time to isolate. I wonder if I should just contact CODA Technologies and cut to the chase and see what they say about the problem. I wonder if the right channel is going into thermal overload due to dust build-up or something like that. I could open it up and use a can of compressed air to clean it.